Drainage & Water, Environmental, Planning and Other Searches
Drainage and Water
A Drainage and Water search will be carried out with the local water authority. The search will reveal whether or not:-
- the property is connected to mains drainage
- foul and surface water drains to the public sewer
- there are any public sewers within the boundary of the property you are buying
- the water supply is metered
An Environmental Search will reveal:-
- whether or not the property is built on potentially contaminated land
- if the property is located in an area at risk of flooding
- if the property is located in an area at risk of subsidence
- if there are any radio or telecommunication masts within the vicinity of the property
A Planning Search will identify planning applications in respect of the property and other properties in the vicinity.
The search will reveal the applications which have been made and the nature of the work to which the planning application relates
There are a number of other searches which may have to be carried out depending on the location of the property.
For example, if you are buying a house in a small village we would carry out a chancel check to determine the likelihood of chancel repair liability affecting the property and a commons registration search which will reveal whether any of the land you propose to buy is common land and therefore subject to rights of common.